The Administrative Assistant will initiate and coordinate the secretarial functions necessary to run an organization efficiently while implementing administrative policies and procedures according to the Diversion Hub Performance standards.
Case Managers will focus on supporting the execution of the Diversion Hub’s programs and mission. The Diversion Hub seeks to make lasting, transformative improvements in the lives of the clients seeking assistance.
The responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
- Greeting clients that walk into the Diversion Hub.
- Answering the main telephone line and directing the call to the appropriate staff member.
- Managing the hospitality program and ensuring a hospitality-based culture in the organization.
- Monitoring the security cameras.
- Assisting in coordinating the activities involved in program planning, goals and objectives.
- Overseeing implementation of effective and efficient office management systems.
- Being responsible for compiling and organizing information for use by the administrative staff in the completion of reports and special projects.
- Performing daily clerical duties, including copying and collating, and scheduling, setting up and attending meetings as assigned, taking/transcribing minutes.
- Assisting in the coordination between all program service teams in order to meet federal and local goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Working on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Ensuring that all details of a task are completed thoroughly.
- Provide support for any other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
Individual must possess the knowledge and the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with difficult clients.
- Ability to adapt to varied roles and job responsibilities and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Friendliness and flexibility to adapt to changing needs and priorities are essential.
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff, external constituents, volunteers, community partners and general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At a minimum, the Administrative Assistant must possess a high school equivalency. Prior experience with office/general administration is preferred. Spanish speaking is also preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Clearance of background
- Must have own transportation for transportation to site visits. A driver’s license and up to date insurance on motor vehicle in accordance with state law and agency requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Be able to interact with persons of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds in a manner that demonstrates sensitivity toward cultural differences and respect for everyone.
- Possess maturity and judgment consistent with the high level of responsibility.
- Demonstrate capacity for teaching adults and older adults.
- Demonstrate flexibility in position requirements.
- A proven track record developing community partnerships and building effective collaborations.
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals.
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate and translate others’ ideas and suggestions.
- A hard working, positive, mission-driven and extroverted work style.
- A welcome attitude to constructive criticism of his/her work.
- Analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit over long periods of time and be able to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl climb stairs, lift and or move items of up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Must be able to manually operate and use a computer. Must be able to clearly hear and understand telephone conversations.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please send cover letter, resume and a listing of three professional references to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Diversion Hub has a policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.